Thursday 29 November
(Booking 20 September)
Waddesdon Manor, Christmas Lights and Fair
The festive season will be in full swing at Waddesdon Manor with rooms beautifully decorated for Christmas.
Thursday 25th April 2019
(Booking 21st February)
Standen House and Gardens, East Grinstead, West Sussex and The Priest House, West Hoathly, West Sussex
Standen House is a lovely family home designed by the architect, Philip Webb, a friend and colleague of William Morris. It was built for the prosperous Beale family in the 1890’s. We are especial
Wednesday 5th June 2019
(Booking 18th April)
‘Leonardo da Vinci- A life in drawing’ exhibition. The Queen’s Gallery, Buckingham Palace. Apsley House, home of the Duke of Wellington Piccadilly, London.
We will visit the Queen’s Gallery, Buckingham Palace to see a special exhibition of over 200 of Leonardo da Vinci’s drawings belonging to the Royal Collection and not normally on view to the public
Thursday 29th August 2019 (Booking 20th June)
These are both private visits.
Dorney Court, Dorney, Buckinghamshire and Frogmore House, Windsor Park
Dorney Court, a glorious Tudor manor house of architectural and historical importance, is also still very much a family home. Built in the fifteen century it has been lived in by the Palmer family
Thursday 3rd October 2019
(Booking 19th September)
Andrew Davies’ Tour – Kensington and Knightsbridge, London.
Our favourite guide, Andrew Davies has promised us another fascinating tour of London, this time around Kensington and Knightsbridge. He has planned a walk for us, starting and finishing at the Vi
Booking Procedure for Day Visits
1. Bookings are taken prior to the morning and afternoon lectures in the Ballroom at Phyllis Court Club (PCC), usually 2 months before the actual visit. The exact booking dates are available on our Website and printed in the annual calendar given to all members of The Arts Society Henley on renewal of their subscriptions in November.
2. Bookings open at 09:30 in the morning and 13:30 in the afternoon. Places are filled quickly for popular outings so it is advisable to arrive early.
3. Bookings are only taken for the visit advertised that day and only accepted on receipt of payment by cash or cheque (payable to TASH).
4. Members may book for themselves and one other member, except for the Andrew Davies Tours when it is single bookings only. You will be required to fill in a Contact Form and provide your name, e mail address, mobile and home telephone numbers and an emergency contact name and number. If you are booking for someone else, it would be helpful if you had these details, otherwise they will need to be posted.
5. Telephone and e mail reservations are not accepted until after the first booking date.
6. The coach departs from the Rugby Club, Marlow Road, Henley (opposite the entrance to PCC). There is car parking on site (£3.20 in the meter and no change given). You will be informed of the relevant departure time when you book. Please arrive at least 10 minutes before the departure time. Please note that the coach is not able to wait for late arrivals.
7. Cancellation: payment will only be refunded if the place is taken by someone on the waiting list. Please note that places may not be taken by non-members except by prior agreement.
9. Please do not hesitate to get in touch by email or telephone if you have any queries. I am happy to help and want you to have an enjoyable day.
If you wish to get in touch prior to the visit, you can e mail me at email@example.com or phone 0118 9401219. On the day of the visit please phone 07939 062321. Judith Stephenson-Hodges.